Career Brief: Accounting Assistant
The Accounting Assistant successfully assists the Accounting Manager with daily data entry A/P, A/R, Collections, and New Matters/Accounts. The ideal candidate will assist in maintaining the work flow of the accounting office, manage a high volume of calls, and provide consistent customer service support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Data entry and opening of all new matters/accounts.
- Data entry of all accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Manage and prepare all work related to A/P and A/R.
- Prepare, proofread, edit, and correct documents.
- Maintain an up-to-date and organized filing system.
- Collect and record client payments.
- Manage and prepare all work related to collections (Accounts Receivable).
- Respond to clients and outside parties in a timely manner.
- Prepare accounts receivable and other various reports
- Meet with paralegals regarding client accounts.
- Prepare files for closing includes receiving refund request.
- Prepare refunds and other documents for mail to clients, vendors, etc.
- Prepare deposit slips
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong Accounts Receivable experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write and review documents. Ability to speak and communicate well with clients.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems effectively.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be familiar with current software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Minimum type 45 wpm. Lift up to 50 lbs. Strong Accounts Receivable experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required for this position.