Jason Eugene Swango is a military and family attorney with over a decade of experience, offering legal services to men with divorce and other family cases. His dedication has helped him to develop an in-depth understanding of what men go through in family law matters, putting him in an exceptional position to provide legal counsel and representation on family matters.
In every case he handles, he brings his expertise, using the law and professional judgment to determine the best path towards the finest of solutions. Jason Swango has acquired a unique and effective approach to his services, listening keenly to clients to fully comprehend their situations before offering he most appropriate legal redress. He understands that a client’s fear may stem from unfamiliarity of legal provisions and therefore, as your family law attorney, he provides you with initial consultation and evaluation to fully understand your case and perspective before developing a strategic and tailored action plan.
From his experience in the military to his numerous sessions with clients having diverse and complex legal matters, Swango offers services that deliver the best possible outcome to military members, veterans, military dependents and other peers throughout Virginia Beach.
Swango served as a Stinger air defense crewman, followed by six years of duty as a member of the Army reserve. During his tenure in the military, he listened to account after account of what many servicemen go through in their family lives thus developing a keen interest to fight for men’s rights. This, coupled with his experience as a family lawyer in Hampton Roads, bestows upon him complete understanding of the complexities of the legal system and men’s challenges on matters relating to divorce, separation, visitation, domestic violence, and child support, among others.
Throughout his years in legal service, he has built a large, blended family of clients, an experience that strengthens him as a family law attorney thus enabling him to help clients find both immediate and future solutions to their personal and legal struggles.
Regent University School of Law, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, Indiana
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
Ivy Tech State College, Terre Haute, Indiana
Honors: Dean’s List
- National Man of the Year – LAW – Madison Who’s Who, 2009
- Battalion Soldier of the Year – US Army, 1993
- Avvo Top Attorney
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – The National Trial Lawyers
- Top 1% – National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Represented numerous indigent and disabled veterans pro bono
- Provided pro bono legal assistance to numerous servicemembers
- Provided Thanksgiving dinner to hundreds of local families for the past several years
- Donated an entire library to Wave Leadership College
- Provided yearly Christmas for multiple veterans in financial distress
- Supported various initiatives benefiting local soldiers
- Monetary donation to the Military Hero of the Week through Tidewater Communications
- Provided financial contributions to the Wounded Warrior Project
- Provided financial contributions to the memory of the Tuskegee Airmen
- Boarded the USS San Jacinto to provide financial assistance to 13 military families, both men and women, so their children could have gifts for the holidays
- Coached local childrens’ baseball and basketball teams
- Sponsor of various Great Neck Baseball teams
- Sent several student athletes to FCA Camp through the Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Raised thousands for the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore
- Bar Admission – Virginia
- U.S. Army, 1992 – 1994