Career Brief: Family Law Attorney
The Firm For Men is a medium-sized, modern law firm seeking a dedicated attorney to join our Virginia Beach office! Our law office is thriving, and we’d love to add another litigator to our growing staff.
Here’s what you can expect as an attorney at our firm:
- Predictable hours and excellent work/life balance (unheard of!). Here, your caseload will stay around 50 to 70 files.
- Many years of established branding and marketing efforts … we bring the clients in, so you don’t have to … and if you do, we offer a generous commission structure.
- On-the-job training and a collective of strong legal minds.
- A team working atmosphere with industry-skilled paralegals.
- Structure, structure, structure … we’ve just about perfected the process, so you’re not left to “figure it out”!
- A competitive benefits package well beyond most local law firms.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Gathering evidence and testimony from clients and involved parties
- Developing and implementing strategies for all stages of the legal process
- Establishing and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with clients as well as staff at all levels
- Maintaining clear and complete documentation
- Negotiating effectively on behalf of clients
The ideal candidate will have:
- A law degree and current Virginia law license
- Sound knowledge of Virginia family, criminal, and traffic law OR the desire to learn
- Experience negotiating with an assertive and measured approach to resolution
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Health insurance (50% company-paid for the employee)
- Company-paid dental and vision
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Company-paid disability
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) plan with employer match up to 100% of first 4%
This role represents a great opportunity with a challenging and professional environment. If you think you’re a good fit, we want to talk to you!